Thursday 7 February 2013

Rush Hour Bookshelf: February 2013

Time has whizzed by and 2013 is already in its second month. I've read some brilliant books so far this year but, according to Goodreads, I need to up my game by 4% to reach my reading target for the year of 100 books. So, as an act of self-motivation, here are the next few reads I aim to tackle:

The Universe Versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence (Hodder & Stoughton, available in Hardback or ebook): Currently in progress. One of the Waterstones 11 for 2013, I was intrigued by the blurb and keen to give this debut a try. So far, some parts are inspired, others I'm not so sure about. I'm interested to see how this develops and how the pace settles in the latter half.


Gone Again by Doug Johnstone (Faber and Faber, published 7th March 2013, currently available for preorder). Kindly sent to me by Doug Johnstone and Faber, I'm excited to read what promises to be a gripping psychological thriller. It's the first book of this genre I'll have tackled in 2013 and I'm looking forward to trying something new.


They Were Sisters by Dorothy Whipple (Persephone Books, available through the Persephone website) Persephone books are truly beautiful objects, and a publisher I've become familiar with through my short time blogging. Their focus is on female authors who have dropped out of print over the decades and are a brilliant champion of women's writing. After much research and recommendations, I've ordered this title. I can't wait to try this new author and can't thank my fellow bloggers enough for drawing my attention towards this great publisher!


Reviews to follow shortly...in the meantime, happy reading! Please do let me know your thoughts if you've read any of the above, or hope to in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your thoughts - please feel free to leave a comment!